Saturday, May 17, 2014

Moving home... and feeling zen

Since I quit my adjunct job and don't have another job lined up, I should be stressed out, no?  Shouldn't I be panicking looking for a new job, wondering how I'll pay my rent, how I'll save this career after dropping out of the academic rat race?

Nope

I'm feeling zen. It just feels right. I've got a couple months of coasting, where I still have the income to pay the rent, and I'm just going with it.  I'm sort of watching for jobs and I'll apply for any really good ones. But applying like mad for anything and everything? Nah.  I'm taking this as a vacation.

Packing is a bitch. I'm ahead of schedule though, so all is well. Y'all think I'm in a hurry to get out of this two-bit town? Yes, yes I am.

I still don't know what's ahead of me, but I have peace now, knowing that it will work out.

Despite how much I agonized over this decision, the feeling that it was the right one couldn't possibly be stronger. Life is good.

No comments: