Monday, May 26, 2014

At least, I'm trying to leave academia.

I got another interview - at the only other job I applied for that was actually looking for someone with a Ph.D. It's academic research.  The universe wants to keep me in academia.  It's not my dream job, but it would work for a while.

Except, of course, it's a term position. These term positions are driving me mad, but that's all there is. How does one buy a house a one one-year term? How does one make a home, a life? Even if I get the offer, and even if I take it, I'll still have to keep looking for something for next year...

But it's something. Do I turn down the offer of something (if I were to get the offer) just because it's not quite right? How long will it be until the next offer comes?

Leaving academia is turning out to be hard to do.

No comments: