Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Let's get this party started

It's party time.  Registrations have ramped up, textbooks are stacked, students are sharpening their pencils, and the nerdy professor is in.

My courses are far more developed than I expected them to be at this point. I've worked a hell of a lot of hours over the past two months, but it was time well spent, as I now am feeling like I can do this. They're not completely complete, but honestly I'm about a day away from them being as complete as they really should be at this point. I want to leave myself a little wiggle room, just in case, but they're basically done.

So, if all goes well, I just might survive the fall semester. I might even survive the winter semester if I play my cards right. I haven't started prepping those courses yet, but the thing is, I already seem to be getting better at this.  I'm building courses faster, making them more interactive, and fairly easily and substantially improving on the ones I developed only one short (long??) month ago.

I can do this.

I might even be able to do slightly more, and get in some *gasp* research this year. You know, the think I actually want to do most?  Timelines are looking reasonable. I.Can.Do.This.

I'm giving myself a pep talk, it seems.

Is anyone out there? I know this is an invisible little blog where I talk into the void, but I'd love to connect with some other first year professors. Methinks a little forum search is in order. Surely there's an e-place for us.


No comments: