Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Delayed reaction: Excitement

Okay, so it took me a couple weeks. I may not be fast, but I've gotten here eventually.

I'm ramping up and getting excited about this job. At a time when professorships are desperately hard to get, I got an offer at barely a year after defending. Not at a top notch uni, but a uni all the same. Honestly, a lower ranked uni will be an easier place to begin and grow.

I've been googling this city galore. It has all the essentials. It has a whole lot more than the city I was living in before. It appears to be more cosmopolitan, more international... not as much as where I am now, but better than where I was. (confused yet?)

Opportunties... it has 'em. For work, anyway. Not so much for weekends, but let's face it, I'll be working like a dawg anyway.

Fun times ahead, dear internet. But now comes the hard part: Getting through the next six months. Waiting is the hardest part.

No comments: